Need Help on Getting Applications & Essays Ready?
If you are a high school senior, chances are, you are juggling many stressful items right now including prepping for standardized tests and trying to stay on top of some really difficult coursework that probably includes at least one AP class. You might be committed to a club or sport and maybe even have a leadership role, and oh yes, did I mention that you are also working on COLLEGE APPLICATIONS?!
The Early Decision deadline is nearing. While juggling all these responsibilities, it is absolutely essential that college applications and essays take priority. Here is a quick check-list for getting your college applications in ON TIME!
1. Know your deadlines. Plan enough time for errors and and re-dos on your part. There are no extensions.
2. Read the instructions carefully. Follow them exactly.
3. Choose your recommenders wisely. You want to reveal multi-faceted sides of who you are as a student and individual.
4. Make sure your essays are an honest representation of who you are, not what you think an Admissions Board wants to see.
5. Proofread. Proofread. Proofread.
6. Ask for help from those who have experience with college applications and application essays. Too many opinions, especially those not based on current knowledge or experience, can destroy your confidence and hurt your chances of admissions.
7. Keep copies of everything.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, please don't be afraid to reach out to to experts who can help. Independent College Consultants, like me, work with students on all aspects of the college selection and application process including: brainstorming topics for essays, proofreading, and assisting with college applications. We guide students in the essay and application process so they can present their best possible selves in their applications.
Independent College Consultants often work evenings and weekends, especially during application season.
Tiffany Kolb, Philekoos College Admissions Counseling
Experienced guidance to find the best fit college!